Or email your resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7am - 5pm
Salary: $15 to $20 Hourly
General Purpose: Con-Tech Manufacturing is looking to hire a highly motivated Accounting Assistant to our growing team. This person would assist with accounts payable, accounts receivable, and other various office tasks.
Essential Duties: Duties may include answering phones, creating invoices, applying payments to accounts, print/scan/copy jobs, mail sorting, enter PO's, entering invoices for payment, responding to vendor and customer inquiries. Remain flexible and perform other duties as assigned.
- Decision Making: This position requires the ability to make independent decisions daily. The candidate must be able to identify the best way to handle specific tasks.
- Collaboration and Communication: The ability to communicate effectively with other administration and support personnel is essential. Collaboration is common in this role and will often be necessary.
- Prioritization and Organization: The ability to organize and prioritize duties is very important for this position. You must not only keep yourself organized, but also help others organize their projects. By keeping an open line of communication, the Administrative Assistant in this position will be able to better prioritize the most important tasks in the company.
- Written Communication: Spelling, punctuation, and writing are essential to the success of the candidate in this role.
- Basic Math Skills: This candidate must be able to use basic math to organize information in spreadsheets and keep an inventory of supplies. Attention to detail is necessary to ensure the accuracy of information.
- Must be self-motivated, as well as possess strong time-management skills; must be able to work efficiently and productively with limited daily direction.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Must have the drive to learn about the industry and the importance of said position.
- Ability to identify and work towards business goals set personally and by Con-Tech.
- 2+ years accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Some accounting education preferred.
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite and Google Doc
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to handle confidential information.
- Health Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with matching contribution
- PTO and paid holidays
This job is open to applicants who do not have a college degree.
Covid-19 Precautions: Plastic shields at work stations; social distancing guidelines in place; sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place.
Physical Setting: Office, one location
Education: High School or equivalent (Preferred)
Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.